Getting outside has a ton of great benefits. Here are just 13...
1. help control your weight (on average hiking can burn up to 370 calories/hour)
2. increase creativity
3. improve cardio-respiratory fitness (lungs, heart, blood vessels) which can lower blood pressure and help reduce your risk of heart disease.
4. help lower cholesterol
5. boost your mood
6. reduce stress and anxiety
7. improve muscle strength
8. enhance your problem-solving abilities
9. help you sleep better
10. make a great low cost or free date
11. help strengthen a relationship by encouraging one another, going at a pace that’s good for both parties, and can force you to rely on each other, whether it’s for map reading, first aid or something else, you will walk away (pun intended) feeling closer than ever.
12. give you a break from technology
13. give you a reason to learn survival skills and help put them to the test or help teach you to think quickly under pressure